Friday, October 29, 2010

The Evolution of a Halloween Costume

Four years ago, for my nephew Lucas’s first Halloween, I made him a cow costume. I crocheted the hat and hooves, and Andrea found an adorable pair of cow-print pants to go along with them. Lucas, his brother Alex, and my other nephew Tieren all wore this cow costume for their first Halloweens.




They were all older and bigger than Nicholas when they celebrated their first Halloween, so the costume was too big for Nicholas. So I decided to crochet him a new one to carry on the Merediz family tradition of Halloween cow-babies (calves?).

It’s a lot easier to crochet it when I can fit it to him as I go and make adjustments as needed. Here is the progression of his Halloween costume from his first fitting to the final product. Happy Halloween everyone!

(First fitting)

(Hat is done...not sure he likes it though)

(Hooves are finished)

(Costume is complete!)

No comments:

Post a Comment