Monday, April 6, 2009

My first blog!

So this is my first blog...and I have no idea what I'm doing. My sister and I were talking about ways to release my creative energy, and she suggested I start a blog. I've never even looked at many blogs, so I'm really unsure about how to start.

I guess I'll start with my background. I'm a patent attorney, so I spend most of my day learning about new technology, drafting or prosecuting patent applications, or working on litigation matters. I'm almost always using the left side of my brain at work; even when I need to be creative in something that I'm drafting, it's creativity controlled by logic. So when I get home at night, I'm itching to actually do something more creative.

"Creative" to me just means using more of the right side of my brain, but it's still always controlled by the left side. I lack the ability to come up with an idea from scratch and run with it, so I typically focus on craft projects that start with some basic instructions, and I can be creative from there. I love doing origami, crocheting, scrapbooking, photography, and baking, and I use these as my creative outlets as often as possible.

So my goal for this blog is going to be to post information about my latest project with updates as I progress, and I hope to include some archives of projects that I've done in the past. I'm always open to comments or criticism about my work, so please feel free to share!

Hope you enjoy it!

...and you might be asking yourself, 'why the name of the blog?'. I've been Chichi (shortened to "Chich") since I was a baby, and this blog is all about Chichi - me!

No comments:

Post a Comment