Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Little Clam at Daycare

I returned to work two weeks ago, and so far so good. The first day back was awful (I couldn't talk about Nicholas or I would burst into tears), but luckily it got easier with every passing day. The thing that helped the most was knowing that Nicholas loves his daycare and seems to be thriving.

On his first full day at daycare, he was up for 8 hours straight, but apparently didn't fuss at all. I showed up one night to pick him up and thought I heard him fussing, so I asked one of his teachers if it was him and she said, "Oh no, that's not Nicholas. He never cries...he just smiles and laughs all day." Nothing can comfort a mother more than knowing her baby is happy, even when they're apart. His teachers also find it amusing that he cracks up every time he gets undressed!

This was the picture that Scott e-mailed to me on his first day:


One of the best parts of his daycare is the fact that I can watch him throughout the day and see what he's up to through the school's video feed. It's not the best or clearest video, so when I can't find him right away, I look for the little dude with only one sock on:


And he seems to really enjoy watching the other kids and learning what they're doing, because he rolled over from back to tummy the other night for the first time, and last night sat up for a minute or so completely unassisted. Love our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment